Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Life with friends

                                           

"Friends pick us up when we fall down, and if they can't pick us up, they lie down and listen for a while." 

You know you have true friends and have struck gold when you can call them up anytime of the day to talk, when you receive a text message of an asian bunny, and when you laugh until you cry while eating nachos at Maynard's. I honestly do not know what I'd do without my friends. They are better than boys. The ones that have stuck with me through thick and thin have kept me both happy and sane.

This summer has been both the shittiest and the best of my life. While other things have made me stressed or made me cry, they were always there to pick me up. I'm the type of person who needs to talk things out, I can't hold in my emotions as easily as some others can. Sometimes I take things a bit too personally. I also have an overanalyzing problem. When I go to my friends saying things like "What the hell did I just do?", they are there to comfort me. Day or night. I'm so lucky to have them in my life.


When I am with them, I can always count on having a good time. If anyone else ever heard our conversations they'd probably place us into a mental hospital. That's something else that I love about them. We can literally talk about anything, no matter how weird--it doesn't have to be about our problems--and not think anything of it. It's perfectly normal to us, but probably off the charts weird for any sane person. You don't even want to know.

As my friend's brother puts it: "Friendship is all about reciprocity. If you are there for them, they will be there for you." True words spoken by a 12 year old.



No comments:

Post a Comment