Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

So long, farewell

I hate goodbyes.

Maybe it's the bittersweet hugs and awkward small talk. I never know when it's the right time to leave or when it's the right time to start shutting the door and leading the other person out. Do I keep talking? Or just say bye and leave? But that makes it seem like I'm in too much of a rush to get away from him or her. What to do, what to do. And when it's someone you really care about, and they are leaving for a long time... Oh boy. Tears, please, dear god, stay inside my eyeballs. No? Well. Okay then. Someone pass me the kleenex. 


Saying goodbye seems so easy, so simple. But it really isn't. And there are a few goodbyes that I am dreading that are coming up. Some of my friends are leaving for college and I can't imagine high school without them. It's hitting me hard. This is the first year that close friends are leaving me. They are starting a new chapter in their lives, while I'll still be stuck here in this hell hole that they call high school. Don't get me wrong, most of my friends are in my class and will be there right beside me during senior year, but still. It won't be the same. 


I'll be okay though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment