Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Surprise-- It's Mickey Mouse!

You might be wondering why I'm writing this blog post at 12:15 am. Or you probably didn't even notice. But either way, I'll explain. I just got home from my friend's house, took a shower, and now I don't feel like going to bed. You know the feeling that I'm talking about. It's one of those times where you're exhausted yet don't want to go to bed because you just don't feel like it. So I decided to blog. Because I enjoy blogging.

Disney World. A little kid would live there if you gave them the choice. Heck, I would live there if I could. But that's not my point. My point is that everyone loves it there; if you don't then there is something seriously wrong with you. Disney is a classic american icon.



And guess what? I get to go there over winter break!

I have already been able to experience the childhood wonder and joy of seeing Mickey walking around a whimsical amusement park. This time is my sister's turn to live this moment. My youngest sister, Aly, is five years old and is the cutest little girl you'll ever meet (at least I think so). She's been begging my mom for the last year to take her to Disney World. "Mommy! I want to go see Cinderella in her castle! Please!", "Mommy can we go see Ariel and her fishies?", "Mommy, Olivia just went to Disney World, let's go tomorrow!" Each time my mom would just pinky promise her that we will take her there sometime.

My mom bought tickets to Orlando two days ago. We decided that it's going to be a Christmas surprise for Aly. Since she's such a clueless little kid (and I say that with love) she probably won't notice anything even when we take her on a four hour airplane ride. Sure, she'll probably ask where we are going, but we've decided that we're going to just tell her that we are going to Florida; she doesn't know where Florida is yet. Remember, she's in Kindergarten. The reason we are keeping it a surprise is that we want to see her face light up when she walks through the gates that lead to Disney World. I can already see her jaw dropping and then her giggling with joy. It's going to be the most adorable thing ever.

This is more exciting than when I went to Disney World my first time. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment