Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Getting Artsy

I love art. I love to draw. I love to doodle. I love to paint.

But ironically, I don't think that I am that artistically gifted. And by that, I mean I am not super imaginative. Sure I can produce decent works of art, but not without someone to instruct me. Every Sunday I used to go to drawing class, but my teacher moved to Arizona--so that was the end of that. She helped me with so much, but it's hard to create amazing works of art without her around. She guided me through each piece, which now thinking about it, I guess was both good and bad. Good because the paintings I did with her were my best ones ever, but bad because I couldn't really expand my own creativity. I was too dependent on her, and now I regret it. But here are some of my favorite pieces that I have drawn or painted. These are my masterpieces.


This one is my favorite. 


This one seems kind of banal to me, but I think it's pretty good. I drew it way back in '06. ( Hey, I used a vocab word!) 



The majority of my drawings do not turn out this good; I don't have a lot of time to just sit down and paint for hours. Most of my drawing time is now doodling in class. That day I drew something that according to my friend, looked like the guy from LMFAO. Not what I was aiming for, but whatever works.

I don't think I draw to express myself, that's kind of deep, but because I just think it's fun. It's exhilarating to paint the first few strokes on a canvas, and when I am finally done, I can step bad and proudly examine my masterpiece. Or my disaster. It could be either. Usually for me, it's the second one. Unless I have someone to help me. But I still love it. Even if it ends up looking like someone puked on it-- I'll still love it. I made it, and either way I will be exuding with happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Becky, those are beautiful! I didn't know you were into art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BECKY! The bottom one has always been my favorite but they are all amazing. I am pretty sure no normal person can draw with that much talent! Personally, my flowers only have like 5 pedals but that is just cause I cannot do anything artsy haha. Stick figures are about as far as my talent takes me :)

    ReplyDelete